Thursday, October 9, 2008

And so my long lost love returns



An old time friend shared some pictures with me today from a get together of our dear friends, and there was more to the pictures than sweet happy faces. It is fall in Asia… which means that fall fashion overhauled their looks already, and summer has been carefully pressed, packed and moved to the back of the closet. And this fall is not going to disappoint. At least not me. I spotted the most darling trench in the picture, and it had something so familiar about it, so candid. It had some lines shared by shoes I used to sneak out of my moms closet, it had some seams alike to my favorite suit. But all that belonged to an old love of mine—Escada. I haven’t looked at Escada for years, but today I had to take a peak. I don’t know if it was the beauty of burnt orange (seen in lines of quite few designers this winter), or the poetic ruffles, and Mongolian ornamentation on the details… but its so wearable and fabulous. Here is what I found that made me fall in love all over again with Escada’s prêt à porter collection for the upcoming season.

No comments: